Having clean carpets is a sign that you take pride in your home. But, no matter how careful you are to prevent stains, sometimes things just happen.
Kids spill their juice and drop crumbs all over. Dogs have accidents. And mud can get tracked into your home on accident.
Carpet stains happen to the best of us!
Sometimes using a store-bought product can remove a stain. Have you tried removing stains on your own with no success?
If your carpet is stained or has an odor, it may be a good time to consider carpet cleaning services.
With a professional company, your carpets can be restored to their original look and smell. There is nothing better than walking into a home with clean carpet!
Continue reading to learn about how a carpet cleaning company can help you.
How often do I need carpet cleaning?
When your carpet is stained, you typically clean it and move on with life. But, as more and more stains occur, professional carpet cleaning becomes a must.
So how often should you clean your carpet? Professionals say that carpet should be cleaned at least once a year.
However, carpet cleaning may need to occur more often if you:
- Have kids
- Have pets
- Have heavy traffic areas
While you may vacuum weekly, steam cleaning your carpet gets rid of embedded dirt. As dirt settles into the carpet, the fibers start to break down.
You want your carpet to last as long as possible!
Don’t wait for your carpet to show signs of wear and tear! Be proactive and schedule deep carpet cleans at least once a year.
Is your carpet already stained and potentially damaged? No worries – there is still hope!
A professional carpet cleaning company can restore your carpet. Stains and smells will be gone forever!
Let’s discuss tips for choosing a carpet cleaning company.
At home carpet care
Even if your carpet looks clean on the surface, odds are that it isn’t. There are all sorts of things lurking in your carpet.
Carpet is sometimes home to:
- Dust mites
- Pet dander
- Dead skin cells
Believe it or not, your carpet is dirtier than your bathroom. For every square inch of carpet, there are at least 200,000 bacteria. This is 700 times more than a toilet seat!
So what can you do to keep your carpet as clean as possible?
- Vacuum a few times a week. Vacuuming is good for removing dirt that isn’t embedded into carpet fibers. If you have pets or kids, be sure to vacuum those areas more often. High-traffic areas should also be vacuumed often. This keeps dirt from building up.
- Remove stains quickly. To keep your carpets looking clean, address stains ASAP. When removing a stain, blot, don’t rub. Blotting applies pressure that helps to lift the stain. Rubbing can make a stain worse as it spreads the stain into a wider area.
- Know what to use for each type of stain. Anything and everything can be a problem for carpet. Wine spill? Try club soda. Everyday stains? Shaving cream can help! Grease spill? Use dishwashing liquid to remove it. Know what household products you can use to properly remove stains.
- Use a steam cleaner. Steam cleaners can be purchased. You can event rent them at nearby stores! Using a household steam cleaner will give your carpet a deeper clean. Steam cleaners reach deeper into carpet fibers to lift and remove dirt and grime.
Routine at-home carpet care will keep your carpet looking and smelling nice. But, only a carpet cleaning company can provide a deep clean.
Carpet cleaning companies use heavy-duty products and machinery. This means that your carpet will get a deep clean all the way to the fibers.
Are you convinced now is the time to restore and refresh your carpets? It’s time to find a reputable carpet cleaning company!
Choosing a quality company
An online search will offer you dozens of carpet cleaning companies. So how do you pick the one that is right for your needs? Read below for some tips!
- Choose a company that is a long-time provider. A company that has been in the carpet cleaning industry for years has plenty of experience to offer. Experience is important to ensure that the services you receive are high-quality.
- Reputation is important. A good carpet cleaning company has a good reputation. Does the company provide customer testimonials? Are there positive reviews online? These are all good signs that this company is trusted.
- Determine how the company prices services. Some companies charge by the number of rooms being cleaned. Others price based on the size of the area being cleaned. Companies that quote by room are often more expensive. To get the most for your money, find a company that prices by area.
- Stick to your budget. Your budget is a factor in the carpet cleaning company that you pick. Don’t settle for the cheapest company. But don’t settle for the most expensive company either. Find a company that offers reputable services at a price you can afford.
Don’t settle for a carpet cleaning company! Your carpets are important for the look and value of your home.
Choosing the wrong company can be costly. A non-reputable company can damage your carpet!
You don’t want to spend thousands replacing carpet, do you?
Take the time to research local companies so that you know you are making a wise decision. Peace of mind is a must!
A carpet cleaning company you can trust
Do you want your carpets to look and smell nicer? Are you tired of coming home to dingy carpet?
If so, OCD Home Carpet Cleaning can help! No matter the severity of your stains, we can get your carpets looking better than ever.
From pet stain removal to oriental rug cleaning, we offer all of your home carpet cleaning needs. Clean carpet leaves your home looking smelling brand new!
Don’t wait any longer to give your carpet a professional deep clean.
Contact us today for a free estimate.